Big Lime Weekend 2022
Challenge yourself at the Big Lime Weekend, or start your Triathlon journey with just one event!
Located in the historic Hartlepool Marina, along the Seaton promenade taking in the expansive sandy beaches.
Friday 12th August, 7pm - Predictor Swim
- 750m open water swim in enclosed Hartlepool Marina, submit your predicted swim time when entering and try and match it on the evening. The closest competitor to their predicted swim time will win a special prize.
Saturday 13th August, 9am - Aquathlon
- 750m open water swim in enclosed Hartlepool Marina, followed by a 5km run on a flat linear course along the promenade.
Sunday 14th August, 8:10am -Triathlon
- 750m open water swim in enclosed Hartlepool Marina, followed by a 20km cycle and 5km run on a flat linear course along the promenade.
If you don't want to enter the Triathlon individually we also have the option of entering as a relay to split the disciplines.
Select our Triple Lime Challenge option to enter all three races, receiving the Friday swim for free!
Course guide video click here
Why choose the Big Lime weekend?
• Closed road event
• Fast flat course along Seaton Promenade (perfect for beginners or smashing a PB)
• Open water swim within enclosed Hartlepool Marina
• Cheering crowds, spectators and marshals
• Free T-shirt for Triathlon competitors
• 96.15% of competitors from 2021 would participate in 2022
• 10 years of Triathlon events
Online entries are now open!
Old School Sports Day 2022
Wednesday 21st September 2022 - 4:00pm-7:00pm
Brierton Sports Centre
After the success of the event in 2019, we are excited to announce that the Old School Sports Day is returning in 2022!
The event is aimed at businesses to focus on workplace health. But don't worry, we'll still allow groups of friends to enter!
Lets go back to our childhood, with some amazing Old School Sports Day activities.
Tall Ships Races 2023
The world famous tall ships races will return to Hartlepool on Thursday 6th July 2023!
Hartlepool has the huge honour of hosting the world-famous Tall Ships’ Race again in the summer of 2023.
It comes after hundreds of thousands of visitors from far and wide flocked to the Borough when the vessels last visited in 2010 – the largest free event held in England that year.
Hartlepool Waterfront and its associated facilities are second to none and we proved during 2010 that we have the capability to host an event of this magnitude.